Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:38:19 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Cc:        spacenet@xmu.edu.cn
Subject:   [a bit OT] bluetooth with MAC OS

If you have tracked bluetooth list you know I am trying to setup a
bluetooth LAN. Let me explain what I achieved so far: now I have setup a
bluetooth LAN access server, rfcomm_pppd runs and listen to channel 7,
accepting ppp connection without authentication (I didn't figure out how to
accept multiple connection yet, but now a single computer can DUN to me.)
Now I can have FreeBSD/Windows computer connect me and samba each other:)

Now the problem comes with MAC OS. Someone in my office is using notebook
running MAC OS X. She is a typical designer, don't know a bit about
bluetooth/ppp; and I don't know a bit about MAC OS. On her network
configuration -> bluetooth -> ppp there is a button "connect now", click on
the button I am prompted with username/password, fill with random
username/password I am rejected with "modem doesn't response". In bluetooth
ppp configuration there is a modem selection list, about 50 modems, oops
what is the modem for a FreeBSD server?

I guess it must be a hard problem to work on, perhaps I need suggestions
from people who know both MAC OS and FreeBSD, but I don't even know which
forum/mailing list where MAC OS gurus usually meet. I googled around
without luck: on google they are mostly talking about MAC OS <-> bluetooth
cell phones. If you can simple guide me to a good MAC OS list that would be
helpful!

Thank you.