Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:56:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gary Hampton <garyh@mail.win.bright.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ata drivers

I have been trying to get the ata drivers to work on my system for a
a while now but can't seem to mount my cdrom drives. This is what I get on
boot up:
ata-pci0: <Intel PIIX4 IDE controller> at device 7.1 on pci0
ata-pci0: Busmastering DMA supported
atapi: piomode=4, dmamode=2, udmamode=-1
ata0: master: setting up WDMA2 mode on PIIX3/4 chip OK
atapi: DMA transfer mode set
acd0: <CRW6206A/1.3A> CDROM drive at ata0 as master
acd0: drive speed 1034KB/sec, 512KB cache, DMA
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet track
acd0: supported write types: CD-R, CD-RW, test write
acd0: Audio: play, 128 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked, lock protected
atapi: piomode=3, dmamode=1, udmamode=-1
atapi: PIO transfer mode set
acd1: < 8X_CD-ROM/ A01> CDROM drive at ata0 as slave
acd1: drive speed 1367KB/sec, 120KB cache
acd1: supported read types: CD-DA
acd1: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd1: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd1: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked

Is there a trick I need to know to mount this? I have tride mounting
/dev/ almost every thing with "cd" in it but no luck the only drive I can
mount is /dev/cd0c my scsi cdrom. I was able to mount these drives with
the default atapi drivers but my system hung whe I tride to write to the
cd-rw drive.

The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take your income and
add ten percent.