Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 21:29:06 -0500
From:      "Troy" <tarrett@si-net.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd installation problems

Hello,
	I am running a Pentium 133, 16mb ram, 10x IDE Pioneer (secondary master),
1.2 Fuitsu hard drive (primary master) trident video card computer.  Trying
to install freeBSD 2.2.2 I have received the installation disk from Walnut
Creek and am wanting to install.  The OS is having problems finding my
cdrom drive however.  I am not exactly sure where the problem lies, whether
its in the kernel set up with IRQ's and things like that.  So I tried
creating a dos partition, extendid  partition, and then it found the dos
partiton when I chose the dos in the installation media but about half way
it said that it couldn't mount the drive.  Those are the only two ways that
I know to install it.  Thank you for you time and cooperation.
Troy

Mailto:  tarrett@si-net.com
Site...:  http://www.si-net.com/~tarrett
ICQ...:  1558744 or http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1558744