Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:40:04 GMT
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@desert.net>
To:        freebsd-threads@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: threads/136345: Recursive read rwlocks in thread A cause deadlock with write lock in thread B

The following reply was made to PR threads/136345; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nick Esborn <nick@desert.net>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 rink@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:32:38 -0700

 --Apple-Mail-19-950902279

 Even after the above patch, I still run into occasional MySQL thread
 deadlocks, which I originally described in what is now threads/135673.

 I also posted on freebsd-current a few days ago:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009328.html

 I'd be happy to collect whatever data would be helpful in tracking
 down this deadlock.  This only seems to happen under our production
 workload, so that might make it harder to capture meaningful debug
 data, but I'm certainly willing to try.  I can also arrange for
 developer access to the system in question, if that would help
 significantly.

 -nick

 --
 nick@desert.net - all messages cryptographically signed