Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:52:00 +1100
From:      Johny Mattsson <johny.mattsson+fbsd@gmail.com>
To:        George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi EABI test image

On 24 December 2012 11:05, George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com> wrote:

> Every so often, a key release event from the USB keyboard is dropped
> and I get a sequence of repeated characters until I type something
> else.

I've seen this on Raspbian Linux as well, and it seemed to be related to
the power (or lack there of) on the USB ports. I haven't encountered it
since I did the "Pi-pass" mod to bypass the F1/F2 polyfuses on the USB
ports (it's a Gen1 board). The keyboard in question was a run-o'-the-mill
Microsoft USB keyboard.

I'm not saying there aren't issues with the USB driver, just pointing out
that FreeBSD isn't the only sufferer on this particular point.

Regards,
/Johny (who hasn't yet attempted FreeBSD on the Pi)