Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 10:21:26 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mattias_Bj=F6rk?= <thrawn@linux.nu>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems when runing make installworld.

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:06:23AM +0200, Mattias Bj=F6rk wrote:
> Hi, Again, thanks for the answer, i read
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D30276.
>=20
> It says there that if you are building make world with a p3 and run make =
installworld on a 486
> you get this error. But I don't have a p3 I have a dual celeron, I have
> also attached my make.conf from the building machine. And its a p90 that
> Im makeing the make worldinstall on. But any way the problem seams too be
> the same or am I wrong?

The point is when you try and install a world built with different CPU
optimizations.  I assume you have CPUTYPE set on your build machine;
this is what controls the optimizations that will be used when you
build world, so it's obviously not going to work when you compile your
binaries for a Pentium Pro and try and install them on a Pentium.

Kris

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--