Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:27:16 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice52

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:34:49AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I'm having problems getting the staroffice52 installation completed.
> Everything went fine when staroffice got installed into /usr/local/...
> but the subsequent user installation hangs. (make install-user  under
> uid user in /usr/ports/german/staroffice52).
>
> No progress can be seen. The directory ~/office52 is created
> but nothing gets copied into there.

To add another datapoint: When I bailout the obviously amnesic
install script or application I see

$ ./setup
^Cpure virtual method called
Abort

in the terminal window.

Does this ring any bells? A java problem?

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.2

.... thinking... minutes later..

Aha! jdk1.2, and path into there is the culprit. Without java presence
the script installs fine.

Star Office 52 now works!