Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:28:25 -0500
From:      Alvaro Gil <alvaro@vrx.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: A question on AppleLaser Writer 16/1600 PS [off-topic-ish]

I have been trying to find the answer to this question for years.
The apple service manual says to replace the mother board!

The best solution I have found other than taking it in for service is
to get another ROM.  A version 3.0 ROM fixes password problems and
has the side effect of clearing the password.  I have not done this,
and i only found one person online that has verified that it worked.
sunrem.com used to have them, but they are backordered now.  As soon
as I find a 3.0 rom im going to try it on my printer....