Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:30:49 -0400
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   multiple versions of development ports

Hello,
    I've got a 6.1 box that i'm trying to install some software on for
development. The software needs autoconf, automake, autoheader, etc. which
has been installed in multiple versions autoconf213, 253, 259, the same for
automake etc. I created symlinks from the say autoconf259 to autoconf so it
would be found by the configure process, but was wondering if there was a
better way, such as some option to add to make.conf so that all ports
utilize a specific version of autoconf or automake as the case may be?
Thanks.
Dave.