Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:44:14 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Macrolosa" <edvard@post.omnitel.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP-problems

One of my gateway systems (a prehistoric Packard Bell P100) occasionally
gives those "silo overflow" messsages but doesn't appear to do anything
particularly bad. It doesn't hang anyway ..just checked & its been running
for 18 days & online for 6, so the 34 silo overflow whatsis hasn't done it
any harm. When I first put that thing in service I noticed the messages ....
disabled the onboard serial ports & installed a new serial card .... no
difference whatever.
Theres a few messages about the issue in the archives but nothing that
helped. Whatever it is I wonder if its the silo thing causing your
"hanging"or the other way round.