Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 21:22:01 +0200 (DST)
From:      "Ben C. O. Grimm" <Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recompiling pwd_mkdb

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (May 02), Ben C. O. Grimm said:

>> Found this in a digest:

>Are you adding users with "pw useradd", or something else?  It sounds
>like you're rebuilding the entire user database for some reason.

Users are added by a script which invokes pw useradd with some
parameters. We add (and remove :) dozens of users every day this
way. The remove part uses rmuser, of course.

>> Is it a matter of just increasing the cache size to, say, 4096 *
>> 2048, leaving the other values as they are, or should all values be
>> increased in conjunction?

>If you're running pwd_mkdb manually, run "pwd_mkdb -s 8000000" (for an
>8 MB cache).

No, it's being called from pw/rmuser each time.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -