Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 96 00:01 EST
From:      Larry Callis <callisl@iquest.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   POPPER

I have installed qualcom popper version 2.2 on a freebsd
machine. I then generated multiple test accounts. I can
do the following:

1. When logged into this machine under any of the test
   accounts, I can send/receive mail to any of the
   test accounts using the mail command.

2. If I send mail from userB to userA using the mail command,
   (logged on the popper machine as userB) I can then via a    client
machine (windows 95) using eudora
   light version 1.5.2 log in to the userA pop account
   and can get that mail just fine.

3. When I then generate a message via eudora and send it
   back to userB it appears to send it. But when I log into
   the pop account for userB via eudora and query the pop
   server for mail, it replys that no mail was found.

4. If I log back into the popper machine as userB, the mail       command
also reports that there is no mail.

5. After searching the disk for the mail (assumed that it
   was being stored somewhere else) I couldn't find it.

QUESTIONS: 1. WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT CORRECTLY SEND MAIL
              VIA EUDORA?

Thanks in advance,
Larry Callis