Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:40:28 GMT
From:      Jem Matzan <jem@thejemreport.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/61296: dhclient fails to start with SysKonnect LAN

The following reply was made to PR kern/61296; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jem Matzan <jem@thejemreport.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:32:15 +0000

 On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 20:27, Glenn Johnson wrote:
 > It is still a problem with 5.3-RC1.

 I tried 5.3-RC1 and 5.3-STABLE and both refused to start network
 services. dhclient just hangs for about two minutes, then continues
 normally. The old trick (from 5.2-RELEASE) with using tcpdump to go to
 promiscuous mode no longer works.

 My board is the Asus K8V Deluxe, using the onboard sk LAN chip. If
 anyone needs specific output or information, let me know and I'll send
 it.

 --
 Jem Matzan
 Contributing Editor, OSTG (Linux.com, NewsForge)