Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:30:32 -0000
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
To:        "'jbryant@unix.tfs.net'" <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD/Alpha (Fwd)

On Thursday, February 05, 1998 6:38 PM, Jim Bryant
[SMTP:jbryant@unix.tfs.net] wrote:
> > In other reports (all my reports are from CNET by the way, get lots
of
> > useful news if you subscrib to their daily
>
> Why not check what Digital has to say?
>
> http://www.digital.com/alphaserver/news/1000mhz_298.html
>
> for instance...  [I just got that in the "AlphaServer Update"
> today]...  sounds to me like DEC is into Alpha for the LONG-TERM...

This should probably be moved to chat if it's going to continue.

I don't think imediate announcements such as this have any bearing on
what is going to happen in the next 18 months. It'll be business as
usual for
the staff on the ground at DEC until the Compaq guys decide what they
intend
doing with the DEC assetts. Compaq have shied away so far from a
categorical
thumbs up for the future of the Alpha chip.

Paul Richards.
Originative Solutions Ltd.