Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:26:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd-uk

Hi,

Just kicking around an idea here, but does anyone else feel a need for
a freebsd-uk mailing list?

Off the top of my head, this might be useful for:

  - Swapping information about suppliers in the UK who ship hardware that
    FreeBSD works with.

  - Using FreeBSD with ISPs in the UK, sharing of config files and the
    like

  - Co-ordinating mirrors of FreeBSD information from an ftp, sup and http
    standpoint.

  - Stimulate the use of FreeBSD in the .ac.uk domain (where most students
    seem to be running Linux, because it's all they've heard of)

  - Co-ordinate with the UKUUG (UK Unix User Group) and LUUG (London Unix
    User Group) with the events that they run.

  - General chit-chat.

  - Meetings, get togethers, pub crawls and so on. . .

Thoughts?

If people are interested then let me know, and I can start a list hosted
here.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                   Blueberry Design                   ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/      1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk        London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[       Don't anthropomorphize computers.  They don't like it.        ]ENTP