Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 20:08:36 -0700
From:      Michael Sinatra <msinatra@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        Darcy Buskermolen <Darcy@ok-connect.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3COM 905B TX 10/100Mbit Ethernet card

At 7:14 PM -0700 8/29/98, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
>I've looked at the supported NIC's list and I do not see this card, or am I
>just missing something. I have several here in the officer and I have
>excellent performance with them, I'm really in the market to see them sing
>in BSD.

The xl driver has just been added to the STABLE and CURRENT sources.  (In
fact, right now there is a discussion about this over on the stable and
current mailing lists.)  I have been using this for about a week with my
905B and it works great.  Remember that you will need to put 'device xl0'
in the kernel config file, then rebuild the kernel.  Reboot and you're set!

+++
Michael Sinatra			msinatra@uclin4.berkeley.edu
unix systems administrator	college of chemistry
university of california
berkeley, ca 94720-1460		(510) 643-1032