Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:41:40 +0400
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        Teo De Las Heras <teoheras@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended partitioning

On 10/16/05, Teo De Las Heras <teoheras@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of my reading in books and online does suggest straying from the
> default when configuring mail and web servers (for example).  I do
> understand the importance of following standards, and that's why I'm aski=
ng
> for feedback from this list.
>
> Teo

Special partitioning is only really needed on production
servers, where you need all performance you can get.
Your box sounds like not a very critical one. I bet you'll
spend more time configuring it "to the max" than it'll
ever save you because of that.

Now, if you really think 20G is a proper size for web,
mail, spools and logs - just set your var to 20G. No
need to mess with any other stuff. That's my $.02.