Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:48:21 +0530
From:      Srinivasa Rao <srrao@india.hp.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Free Bsd installation

Hi,

While trying to install freeBsd, I am getting following errors:
"Unable to transfer the bin distribution from fd0, do you want to try to
retrieve it again"

Steps I followed are:

1    kern.flp
2    mfsroot.flp
3    kernel configmenu: visual mode
4    quit and save
5    /stand/sysinstall Main menu: standard
6     FDISK partition editor: A(Use Entire Disk) + Q(quit and save)
7    Install boot manager for drive ad0: standard
8    Free Bsd disklabel editor: A(uto defauly\s) + Q(finish)
9    Choose Distributions: Esc, esc, esc
10   choose installation media: Floppy
at this point I could see some out put like, doing newfs -b 8192 -f 1024
/mnt/dev/ad0*
11    Please insert floppy in floppy drive unit a: floppy having first 5
binaries, a:\bin\bin*

At this point I am getting above error.

I am using "hp brio ba210" H/W, which supports following features:
                                    Microtower model, Intel
                                    Celeron™, 533MHz, 64MB
                                    128KB, 4.3GB, 40X IDE,
                                    integrated 8MB, 56K V90 PCI
                                    ROCKWELL, WIN98

Can any one suggest the installation process, looking for your help.

Thanks & Regards
-Srini