Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:14:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   R: Re: R: Re: ports/148272: polkit-gnome-authen core dumps when starting gnome

>> in
>> in
so:

>> user
>>>
>>> Do you use any Linux GTK+ apps?
>>
>> No, AFAIK. On startup?
>>
>>> This warning could be coming from one of those that can't find a Linux
ABI
>>> version of breakpad.  In any event, I don't think it's fatal.
>>
>> I thought it was caused by polkit-gnome-auth... as reported in the
backtrace,
>> wasn't it?
>> Anyway, no, it's not fatal. I've found it's dumping cores accidentally.
>>

>>> I have been trying to reproduce all of these problems locally, and thus
>>> far I have not seen any of them.  I have two test machines both are
>>> i386.  One machine is running RELENG_8, and the other is -CURRENT.  I
>>> have tested an existing account upgraded from GNOME 2.0 as well as a new
>>> account.  Neither show any slowness, crashes, or strange errors in
>>> .xsession-errors.  I have only tested with GDM thus far.
>>>
>>> I have just finished updating my amd64 machine, so I will test with that
>>> machine as well.  If I cannot reproduce any of these problems, I will
>>> have to point people to GNOME's Bugzilla.
>>>

>> I have not updated my laptop since (about) the last month.
>> It's RELENG_8_0, i386, ports.
>> I'll made some test on it before and after updating the installed ports to
see
>> what happens.
>> Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm not doing something needed (e.g.
some
>> configurations).
>>

>If you can reliably reproduce the polkit-gnome crash, remove the
>/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libgnomebreakpad.so module, and get a
>backtrace of the new core file.

I've tried removing the module after rebuilding polkit, polkit-gnome and bug-
buddy WITH_DEBUG, but I'm not getting any core file.
This is what I get in ~/.xsession-errors:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "gnome-settings-daemon"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "metacity"
Window manager warning: Failed to read saved session file /home/bar/.
config/metacity/sessions/10d6257d9fd17a13d7127854042857675300000790890017.ms:
Failed to open file '/home/bar/.
config/metacity/sessions/10d6257d9fd17a13d7127854042857675300000790890017.ms':
No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "gnome-panel"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "nautilus"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "canberra-gtk-play"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": Shared object
"libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-
1"

On the first login I also got failure loading some applets as you can see
here:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9f051e0414.png
Maybe some are the same givig troubles to Kevin (e.g. WorkspaceSwitcher
BTW, why it's always tring to "read saved session file" ? ~/.
config/metacity/sessions/ is always empty!

About my laptop, the ports were as outdated as I was thinking: Jun 20th.
And I'm getting the same exact behaviors I'm seeing on my desktop.