Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:25:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Per H <snorp@email.nu>
To:        Thomas Würfl <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Mp3 Player

--- Thomas W=FCrfl <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Someone told me that this device needed the DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE quirk in
>> scsi_da.c, and I have tried to fix it. Apparently I'm not much of a hack=
er,
>> so here's the question: has anyone with success been able to attach and
>> mount this mp3 player? If not, is there any chances of seeing a
>> patch/fix/whatever for this soon?

>Hi,
>
>have you put this to your scsi_da.c?
<snip>

>Add it to the umass-stuff and rekompile/install your kernel (see handbook).
>There is also a patch for generic support from Lars Eggert, but this is mo=
re=20
>tricky:
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dmisc/32490

Yes, I added that to scsi_da.c before even joining the mailing list. I am a=
bsolutely no kernel programmer, or programmer at all, but I have basic unde=
rstanding in C syntax, so I simply added what I thought would be needed. It=
 didn't work though. I tried again now, recompiled and rebootet but I still=
 get exactly the same result.