Date:      Sun, 03 Mar 96 05:28:36 -800
From:      Don Rafol <u30760@uicvm.cc.uic.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing from a DOS partition

Don Rafol
University of Illinois at Chicago
E-Mail: u30760@uicvm

In section 2.3 of the Quick Installation Guide For Freebsd 2.1,
the xcopy command does not work since the root.flp file is not
a DOS file. I tried installing Freebsd similar to Linux
installation,i.e. making boot and root floppies, but it seems
that after reading the root.flp from drive a>, it cannot
find the rest of the files which are on drive c> DOS partition.

I not sure if I have missed something or that section 2.3 is
incomplete. I would like to know if there is a way to install
Freebsd similar to Linux.

Sincerely,

Don