Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:49:57 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Glenn Dicus" <gdicus@nomadix.com>
Cc:        "Mobile FreeBSD" <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pcic.c <-> pcicx.c?

> There are two sets of pcic code.  One in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/ directory -
> pcic.h and pcicx.c, and the code that is in the /usr/src/sys/pccard/
> directory.  Which code should I rely upon pcic.c or pcicx.c?

The code in /sys/pccard is for the GENERIC support, and the pcicx code
is for the 'older' drivers for the 3Com and IBM ethernet cards, and is
currently the only cards supported in teh boto floppy.

> Also, where are the procedures/functions within these files being called
> from?

For the old code, if_zp.c and if_ze.c.  For the newer code, they are
being called from all over the system, but the user-land portions are in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pccard.

Nate