Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:20:53 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        youlgok@attglobal.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: device: mouse

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 04:24:18AM -0500, youlgok@attglobal.net wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> How do I know that which device is used for a particular device?  For
> example, I want to know which device is used for my PS/2 mouse.
> /dev/mouse or /dev/sysmouse...etc.

There is no /dev/mouse in my 4.2-STABLE:

[stijn@pcwin002] <~> ls -l /dev/mouse
ls: /dev/mouse: No such file or directory

There is a /dev/sysmouse, however, you need to run moused(8) to make this
interface work. Check /etc/rc.conf for this:

moused_enable="YES"

And check for a running moused:

[stijn@pcwin002] <~> ps axc | grep moused
   36878  ??  Ss     0:29.13 moused

If you don't run moused, the mouse is at /dev/psm0.

HTH,

--Stijn