Date:      Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:29 -0700
From:      "Ernest Smallis" <esmallis@stbernard.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PR kern/78968 MBuf cluster exhaustion.  RFC (solutions)

Hi All, I am seeing this problem as well:
a. The kernel is in a tight loop via the fxp driver since there are =
frames that need to be DMA'd but cannot be because 'b.'
b. The fxp driver calls m_getcl( ) which returns ENOBUFS since there are =
no clusters to satisfy the request. This goes on constantly so it =
appears the system is hung.
I submitted a follow-up to the PR and also requested contact with a =
committer to discuss this problem and possible solutions.=20
I think this should be fixed, right away.
If you would like to donate your 2 cents worth to this discussion; I =
would be very happy to hear from you and am grateful for the input.=20
Ernie ;-)

Ernest Smallis
Sr. Software Engineer
RAPID Development