Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:05:38 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        kgunders@hpb50341.boi.hp.com, mike@sentex.net
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: intel etherexpress pro and fxp status??

> Thanks, bye." The only threads I remember around this were some people with
> specific problems on specific SMP motherboards. I dont recall any mass
> problems with the fxp cards... For what its worth, we have deployed some 50

The SMP problems also turned out to be nothing to do with the fxp cards
and everything to do with shared interrupts. But cards which generate a lot
of interrpts show this up well, hence it first showed up on FXP and has
been misrememberd by people as the "fxp problem".

just make sure you arent sharing interrupts on an SMP box and you
will do fine.

-pcf.