Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 1995 22:19:28 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple mail messages

[ Multiple email messages ]

> People are generally too lazy to trim the Cc lists even when they know
> that all recipients are actually on the mailing list.

Actually, I *intentionally* leave people on the Cc lists if I think the
material is going to be discussed some, since with the bulk_mailer stuff
it is difficult to discuss topics with any sort of speed, since it may
take a very long time for the person to get the reply via the mailing
list.

> That's why i'm
> defending myself by dropping my name out of reply-to (ok, Nate, my
> procmail is still not set up).

*grin*  In case you didn't know, procmail has a 'feature' which allows
it to filter out duplicate email messges by using the Reference field.
It's one of many reasons to use procmail.

Nate