Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:13:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error

> Hey all.  I just installed FBSD on a 2nd machine and during the boot up
> messages and in the dmesg output, I have a line saying "pnp bios: Bad PnP
> Bios data checksum"
> I configured the kernel and she boots up without a hiccup and everything
> seems to be working good.  I double checked the bios and everything seems
> fine.  What does it mean???
> The motherboard is a Micron M55Hi rev A (HX Chipset) with a P166, 64M of
> ram, 6.4G HDD on the primary and an SMC Ultra 16 (8013) nic.

	That motherboard is pretty old. HX still had a fairly primitive
PNP bios. You might try upgrading the BIOS, but that is usually more
trouble then it's worth. If the machine seems to be working fine, I
wouldn't worry about it too terribly much personally. :) I've got an Asus
HX motherboard sitting around, I'll load that up today and see if I can
get the same message.

						Rick