Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:24:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: difference between Freebsd and Linux

Hi People;
It seems that Inter-OS compatibility is bothering
alot of people out there, here are some FACTS,

1. No one, I mean NO one, on the net has got the
inspiration or the determination like FreeBSD Guys.

2. FreeBSD can run the Binaries of following OSs;
	Linux (user & devel. level)
	DOS (in 8088 emulation,slow motion mode)
	Windows 3.1, Window 95 (via wine, STILL ALPHA)
	SCO (Haven't tried this though)
	FreeBSD :-) (naturally)

3. Linux is NO-WHERE near FreeBSD.

All Linux people, Flame me, but this Will NOT change the
TRUTH. (if interested in comparisons, there are some URLs).

ALL hats off for the FreeBSD TEAM.
Greetings

---Ron <rmorris@interlog.com> wrote:

> Can yoyu tell me the difference between the two and if apps writen for
> FreeBSD will run on Linux (Slackware 4.3).
>
> Thanks
> rmorris@interlog.com

==
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.