Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:46:35 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dial-up backup - How to configure

Good day all!

I'm just looking for a nudge in the right direction :)

I have some FreeBSD routers/gateways with serial leased lines between
them.  I would like to set them up so that if the leased line should
fail they will automatically attempt to establish a dial-up connection
which will enable comms to resume even while the leased line is still
down.

The dial up might be analogue, or ISDN.  Anyway - that is probably moot.
The question is how to automate the dial-up, and how to adjust routing
for the duration of the failure.

Thank you.

Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.