Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:58:32 +0200 (EET)
From:      Domas Mituzas <domas.mituzas@delfi.lt>
To:        Kaltashkin Eugene <zhecka@klondike.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd from BSDI 4.1

Hi,
> When in FreeBSD be ftpd server from BSDI 4.1 ?
> Him support virtual servers and very customisable config.

Present ftpd already supports virtual hosts (take a look at ftpd(8)).
Moreover I find that this ftpd is enough for any unix host except public
ftp servers, which already have special requirements and can be satisfied
by dozens of servers in ports/ftp/. Any special software for extended
operation should reside and resides in ports.

With respect,
Domas Mituzas
Systems administrator
DELFI, UAB, Lithuania