Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:49:01 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        saper@system.pl
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib20 configure fails with pkgconfig-0.13.0

>checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
>configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required.
>This is a recent -current. I don't know if we can
>versiion pkg-config in BUILD_DEPENDS...
><snip>

You need to start to use portupgrade, before you install anything from the
ports to keep your system update (Current, pkgconfig is 0.15.0). If you
don't know what's portupgrade, you can install it from
/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade. After install portupgrade, read the manpage
of portupgrade.

1) Update ports tree by CVSup
2) Install portupgrade..
3) pkgdb -F (this is from portupgrade)
4) portupgrade -ra (to update everything what you have installed)

Cheers,
Mezz