Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:41:05 -0500
From:      Troy Kittrell <troyk@basspro.com>
To:        Matt Mouser <webmaster@net-connection.net>
Cc:        Eric Griff <eric@netdesign1.com>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Allaire Coldfusion

Point of order...it was never "truly" ported to Solaris. Coldfusion
(4.0.1 Release Candidate 1) still depends on the Bristol Technologies (I
think) windu registry emulator. ColdFusion *still* can't run without a
Windoze registry.

Matt Mouser wrote:

> I have run cf on Nt and am currently doing it now. Allaire probably won't ever
> make a freebsd version. See they first started out with nt cause it was the
> easiest. Then Sun payed them millions to port it to Solaris. The only reason
> they did that was cause they didn't have to recode the whole thing. It was
> easy. Then after a couple of years of the linux community complaining they
> finally started working on porting it. It's not done yet but they are working
> on it. So there you go. if you have any questions just give me a buzz.
>
> matt
>
> Eric Griff wrote:
>
> > Anyone here running Allaire Coldfusion on NT or Solaris?
> >
> > I'm looking to try to some help encouraging Allaire that a FreeBSD would be
> > a good idea.. Of course, considering from there forumns, there was a lot of
> > push from the linux community involved in getting Allaire to run with it.
> >
> > Would this be possible to orchistrate?
> >
> > Eric A. Griff,
> > System Administrator,
> > NETDesign Inc.
> > 181 Genesee Street
> > Suite 500
> > Utica, NY 13501
> > (315) 734-1668 Extension 205

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

	Troy Kittrell
	troyk@basspro.com
	Internet Systems Coordinator
	Bass Pro Outdoors Online