Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:05:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xmixer don't work

> Hi there!

Hi, Frederik.  I'm the maintainer of the port.

> And it is working, but with restrictions:
> If I start it, and I move a volume slice, the volume doesn't change
> immediately. I have to click on the green Button, then the sound is off,
> and then I have to click again. Then the Programm gets a Segfault, but the
> sound changes. Here's the output of a gdb xmixer:

I notice the same thing, except that I don't get the segfault.  If I
change a mixing channel other than the main volume, there is no problem.
Do other channels work for you? The "gmixer" program that comes in the
same package crashes immediately for me (this under FreeBSD 4.0 from early
May).

> 0x280eeaf6 in _XtCountVaList () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
> (gdb)

It would be cool if, at this point in your gdb session, you would type
"bt" (then enter) and send me the output.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt