Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:21:05 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stumbling block on updating devel/doxygen

On 12/30/12 11:12, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> As the maintainer of devel/doxygen, I am trying to update the port to 1.8.3.
>> But I am running into an error upon it trying to create it's docs.  This
>> appears to be due to the version of latex we use from teTeX being too old.
>
>> The problem is that it is failing on creating a .dvi version of the manual
>> in order to create a .ps version of it.  The creation of the .pdf version of
>> the manual appears to be fine, but the creation of the other two appears to
>> be specific to the FreeBSD port, and was being done prior to my taking over
>> the port.
>
>> What I need to know is if there is actually a demand for the .dvi/.ps
>> versions of the doxygen manual.  I have been receiving some help from
>> doxygen's developer, but considering that this problem isn't in an
>> unmodified version of doxygen, I would prefer to stop supplying the .dvi/.ps
>> files.

Hello.
I'm using Doxygen quite a bit and went back to 1.8.0 because 1.8.2
doesn't create my PDF docs (I investigated a bit, found no solution and
run out of time...).

It's proably 10 years since I last needed a PS file and, back then, I
used DVI just because I had to.
I don't feel any need for them nowadays; PDF alone is fine for me.

  bye & Thanks
	av.