Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:09:42 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Fernan Aguero <fernan.aguero@gmail.com>
Cc:        bugbusters@FreeBSD.org, bugmeister@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: carbon copies when sending PRs using the online web form?

--cPi+lWm09sJ+d57q

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:20:14AM -0300, Fernan Aguero wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I need to use the online PR submission form, because there is a
> problem with our university reverse DNS mapping that is preventing me
> from sending email directly to any @freebsd.org address.
>=20
> However, I noticed that I cannot CC (for example a maintainer) on the
> PR I am submitting.
>=20
> Is this on purpose? Or perhaps it can be fixed?

We've had a similar discussion regarding automatically filling the
X-GNATS-notify header, and we've decided that, given the way that GNATS
works (and doesn't), the onus needs to be on maintainers to keep an eye
out for their related PRs or on submitters to notify them (preferably
including the PR number, which cannot be done without submitting it
first).

Yes, this is a limitation, and it's one that we'll be looking to address
in the next generation of the bug tracker.

Ceri (with bugmaster hat).
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere

--cPi+lWm09sJ+d57q