Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 17:13:45 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@calm.imasy.or.jp>
Cc:        peter@spinner.dialix.com.au, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12 during boot with -current

Hi,

> Yes, ipfw_mod and linux_mod were loaded.  According to your
> suggestion, I disabled loading ipfw_mod and reboot.  Then, the kernel
> was boot without any problem. :-)
>
> peter> Is the igmp reference an accident, or are you participating in multicast on
> peter> the machine?  (perhaps just routed/gated?)
>
> Multicast is enabled, and routed is running.  Without ipfw_mod

as you've probably noticed we've fixed several systems suffering from
lkm related problems today.  have you tried rebuilding the ipfw_mod lkm
and installing it manually, ie directly from its directory instead
of with "make world"?  one user found that that fixed another lkm for him.
evidently make world didn't do it right for some reason...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by