Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 00:35:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snmp agent/manager (fwd)

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Josef Belkovics wrote:

> I look for some snmp agent and, mainly, manager. Both under FreeBSD.
> Manager at level as optivity. Some advice?

It seems like this post and my reply should be in "questions" and not
"hackers"...  anyway, what type of snmp hardware are you using?  We use
Cisco and USR snmp devices and we have experimented with "total control"
packages from both vendors.  I believe Cisco makes a "Unix" version of
their software, but I am not sure about USR...  the effectiveness of snmp
software, to a large extent, is dependant upon the availability of MIBs.
I would advise snooping around the Cisco and USR web sites.

---
 Mike Hoskins
 SEI Data Network Services, Inc.
 mike@seidata.com