Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:37:23 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Erwan Arzur <erwan@netvalue.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating a 4.2-STABLE iso

Hello, Jordan Hubbard!

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 02:25:22PM -0800, you wrote:

> > It's not that simple if you want to include your own patches (i did this
> > for pre-configured boxes mainly).
>
> That's what this little snipped of release/Makefile is for:
>
> .if defined(LOCAL_PATCHES) && exists(${LOCAL_PATCHES})
> 	cd ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/src && patch ${PATCH_FLAGS} < ${LOCAL_PATCHES}
> .endif
>
> You just pass in the name of your patch file on the command line
> to make release.

So, maybe we will start writing an article for handbook.
I'm volouteering for assembling and writing some parts of this article.
I would appreciate any help in doing this. Please send any of your suggestions
directly to me with subj "ISO article".

The .plan is:

1. Introdution

	1.1 What is release?
	1.2 Why one can need it?

2. Building releases

	2.1 Building standard release
	2.2 Building custom release
	2.3 Including cusom packages
	2.4 Making an ISO image

If it is correct?

--
NEVE-RIPE
	The instructions said to install Windows 98 or better,