Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:52:19 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@GnatS.CirX.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftpd is not listed in pam.conf

I couldn't remeber since when, I always see a message on my cosole:
Nov 22 17:29:42 cartier ftpd[844]: no modules loaded for `ftpd' service
Nov 22 17:29:42 cartier ftpd[844]: auth_pam: Permission denied

Though it doesn't affect anything when I using ftp to transfer files from
other hosts, it looks quite anonying.

Then, I added a line into /etc/pam.conf, this message no longer appears.
ftpd    auth    required        pam_unix.so                     try_first_pass
(yes, just Gyypcwftpd:wq)

May this is not the best way for ftpd to use pam (many other lines for login,
may ftpd should be so). But I think ftpd should be listed in /etc/pam.conf.

Any plan to fix it in /usr/src/etc/pam.conf ?
--
CirX
					       	Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>

FreeBSD - The Power to Serve