Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:03:05 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [FIXED] Re: staroffice/linux-compat on Current working?

  Are there known problems with linux compat and current?

To reply to my own posting, from advice and comments of the net I found that
the staroffice 4.0 install requires write access to a number of subdirs of
its installed path at runtime for cached files and configs. The truss showed
higher up a large number of these failing.

chmod a+w on the staroffice runtime tree resolved all of my problems and I
can now use this package fine under current (but not an ELF  converted one)

cheers
	-George
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm@dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072