Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:59:22 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Verisign, Thawte, Entrust, whom?

On 2002-10-21 13:25:16 (-0500), Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. <kdk@daleco.biz> wrote:
> Well, not to beat a dead horse, but since we've recently chatted about
> registrars, who do you like for your SSL certs?

I've been using GlobalSign.  They happen to be Belgian (used to be called
BelSign), and they're cheaper than Thawte or Verisign.  For 175 EUR, you can
get a nice certificate from them.  All browsers I've encountered have the
root-certificate built-in too...

> I'm setting up my first (blush) and am getting tired of the site hype....

Be different, use a European CA :-)

GlobalSign is at <http://www.globalsign.net/>.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  If there was any justice in this world, people would
  occasionally be permitted to fly over pigeons.