Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Mike Hoskins" <mike@adept.org>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd, the Windows VPN Client and subnets

> short version of my question: Is it possible to pass a subnet mask
and/or
> a broadcast address to a client during the negotiation?

Sounds like DHCP...

> The Windows box can connect to the outside interface of the FreeBSD
box
> and establishes a pptp connection. During the negotiation, the client
> requests to use an IP address from the 172.16.188.0/22 network. The
> server agrees to this and everything seems to be just fine.

How is this IP assigned?  Does mpd do that?

Unfortuneately, the only thing like this I've setup is not FreeBSD
based.  We have Win2k clients who connect to a central Win2k VPN box.
The VPN box assigns IPs (and, therefore, netmasks, DNS servers, etc.)
from our DHCP server.

> Except logging in to the NT domain and browsing.

Once the subnet mask issue is solved, see if you can ping 'internal'
IP's, or ssh to server IP's.  If so, setting up a WINS server may
resolve browsing issues.

-mrh