Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:24:28 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and real-time mpeg capture

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 04:58:37PM +0200, Oliver Brandmueller wrote:
> This would require much less diskspace and would be the greatest thing
> at all. If you don't mind, I'd be happy to test it on my environment.
>=20
> I guess DivX is a bit too hard for realtime encoding, isn't it?

No, not really. My PIII 550 machine can do realtime encoding
of DIVX up to 408x306 pixels (Audio is not compressed, but
that doesn't take such an enormous amount of diskspace)
using avifile, which I think requires SSE to be active.
I think ffmpeg could show about the same performance.

--gt

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--