Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:56:23 +0200
From:      Iasen Kostov <tbyte@otel.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel 82572EI

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:40 -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Iasen Kostov wrote:
>
> >	When will if_em support 82572EI (and 82572 in general).
> >I saw this
> >http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/cvs/2005-10/0235.html
> >
> >from which is this quote:
> >"Sync up to Intel's latest FreeBSD em driver which adds
> >support for the 82571 and 82572 PCI Express chips."
> >

> I believe this is coming in a few weeks as I know intel is currently
> working on this.

But the OpenBSD's cvs notice clearly states that the work is done.
And I've looked in their sources and (at first glance) it looks like
they are supporting it via "Intel's latest FreeBSD em driver" which I
can not explain (I've looked at intel's site and the driver there do not
support that cards ...) ;).