Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:49:15 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
Subject:   Re: fsck quandry.

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:02:48PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:23:31 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
>

> > 	Well, it's happpened; the first time in nine years my FBSD
> > 	acually crashed and auto-rebooted.  (Prob'ly my fault,
> > 	since I didn't do the reboot; make installworld... )
> > 	Anway, In doing 'fsck -y' by hand,  I watched as dozens of
> > 	ports' inodes were removed.  Short of doing a 'portupgrade -af'
> > 	is there a way of telling which ports need to be rebuilt
> > 	and re-installed?
>
> pkg_info -g Show files that don't match the recorded checksum.
>
> But, of course this wouldn't be exhaustive.

	Maybe not exhaustive, but close enough.  Thanks for your help.
	I'm doing:

	pkg_info -ga >& /tmp/missingORbad

	which will give me an egrep'able list to rebuild what went bad
	and was deleted.  I'll share my step-by-step recovery procedure
	when I have it figured out.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix