Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 09:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/38533: 'ifconfig ifname down delete' does not deletes aliases

The following reply was made to PR bin/38533; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To: Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 00:12:11 +0800

 Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

 > I don't quite follow, sorry.  Suppose you have two IP addresses
 > from different networks bound to an interface.  If you delete
 > one address, it just gets deleted.  Nothing else should be
 > done.

 Right. But suppose you have two IP addresses from the same network
 (second with netmask 255.255.255.255).
 If you remove primary one (with correct netmask), you end up
 with last IP address and netmask 255.255.255.255 that's seem to be wrong.
 I guess right netmask should be preserved.

 Eugene