Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:40:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Anuranjan Shukla <anuranjan@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        anuranjan@yahoo.com
Subject:   dma mastering device

Hi
I've written a driver for a wireless networking device
on freeBSD 4.3. the device is a pci, DMA Bus Matering
one memory mapped to the host. I create a transmit
descriptor queue using contigmalloc (PAGE_SIZE) and
the give the "vtophys" of the descriptor pointer to
the relevant register on the device. But it looks like
it's sending something else altogether. the device
output doesn't change even if I change the contents of
the descriptor , which makes me feel that there's a
problem with memory access by the device. Apart from
the it works ok (interrupt handler etc are giving no
trouble).
     can anyone point out where I should look (which
part of the kernel code ) to resolve this? Any help
will be greatly appreciated!

Anu