Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2014 12:54:10 -0700
From:      Carol Deihl <carol@westryn.net>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ruby21-2.1.3_1,1

Hi Steve (and others),

(Didn't reply all previously, and adding more info)

This box is on 10.0-RELEASE-p9 #0 r272290
(and about to get to p12 today or tomorrow).
(Sorry it didn't occur to me to mention that in the original email!)
This is on a production box for us, so it's definitely not CURRENT :-)

I will file a bug report too, thanks.

Thanks for your help,
Carol

> On Nov 8, 2014, at 8:35 AM, Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 06:41:40PM -0700, Carol Deihl wrote:
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> I just installed ruby21-2.1.3_1,1 with the DEBUG option *unset*,
>> and when ruby21 is invoked, it prints out:
>>=20
>> WARNING: number of probes fixed does not match the number of defined =
probes (9 !=3D 50, respectively)
>> WARNING: some probes might not fire or your program might crash
>>=20
>> I haven't used dtrace yet and don't know much about it,
>> but I discovered that if I re-installed the port with DEBUG turned on =
(*set*),
>> then the warning messages aren't printed.
>>=20
>> I'm guessing that the probes.d file in the ruby source arranges to =
install some probes
>> at runtime in some routines that don't get compiled into ruby if =
DEBUG is off.