Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:59:37 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@poboxes.com>
Cc:        Jamie Clark <jamie@erinet.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Opinions on which Tape Drive to Buy?

>Avoid the HP/Colorado and Seagate SCSI tape, however, I have heard bad
>things about these (coming from, I believe, the FreeBSD lists).  Other
>than that, most any tape drive will do.  Many like Exabyte drives; the
>Archive family is popular as well.

Be careful of generalizing too much.  Archive is owned by Seagate.
Avoid the Seagate (and other) cheap cartridge drives.  The Seagate/
Archive DAT drives are fine.

  Michael L. VanLoon    mvanloon@exmsft.com    michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.