Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:16:59 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>, Ivan Asmer <asmer.free@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Canon PIXMA support

--nextPart1739564.tdIdvrDWRi

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 14:38, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 07:27:50PM +0300, Ivan Asmer wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I'm interesting how to run my canon pixma iP 1500 under my honest
> > freebsd. As I found in internet this is impossible. Who can say
> > more?
Here is how some Linux folks got it working.
http://forum.linspire.com/viewtopic.php?p=3D534013&;

> If it's not listed at the following link, you're probably out of
> luck:
>
> http://www.freestandards.org/printing/public/printer_list.cgi?make=3D
>Canon
>
> In general, check compatibility with FreeBSD before you buy. If you
> can afford one, get a printer that understands the Postscript
> printing language and has a parallel port. That will Just Work.
Most HP printers (99%) are supported (including faxing and scanning)=20
via hplip (HP's Official Linux/Unix Driver) in the ports.  Check=20
hplip.sourceforge.net for the compatibility list.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry